Thursday, April 22, 2010

Do NOT Mess With the Sciatic Nerve

Sorry for no new updates. Had a run-in with a box last week which did quite a bit of varied damage from some severe bruising to, according to my doctor, injuring and inflaming the Sciatic nerve in my back.

Ouch.

Seriously.... Ouch.

One of the side effects of this is that sitting and standing in various ways tends to put pressure on the nerve which then causes me trouble and one thing that seems to irritate it is chairs in general. I've spent the better part of the week sitting cross legged on a pillow on the floor of my apartment because it and lying down seem to cause the least amount of stress on the nerve bundle. As a result, I've NOT been able to sit at my computer.

The good news is that things ARE improving. Slowly. Sllllooooowwwwllllyyy. Hopefully I will be back up and posting again soon. I'm working on a review of "Doctor Who: Victory of the Daleks" and there will be a new episode airing this weekend and I hope to get that reviewed in short order so I don't fall behind.

In the meantime... take care of your nerves because they take a heck of a long time to sort out when you screw them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment