1) It is cold, windy and rainy outside. Instead of being curled up on your couch with a nice mug of hot tea thinking about how nice it is to be curled up on your couch with a nice mug of hot tea instead of being outside you are preparing to go outside to walk the dog.
2) You are preparing to go walk your dog out in the cold, wind, and rain.
3) Said preparations involve dragging out the 'stomper boots' that you have not had out since the last 11 inch snowfall.
4) You put on said 'stomper boots' only to feel something hard inside. You take off the boot, shake it out, and find a piece of kibble inside.
5) You put the 'stomper boots' back on, layer up, and, against your better judgement go out in the cold, wind and rain.
6) You know it's only going to get worse from here -- see reference to 11 inch snowfall.