Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why Would You Knit That?!... AGAIN!

I've got some reviews waiting in the wings which I'm working on. In the meantime feast your eyes on the glory of this sweater....



I know it can't top the "Footsie" of my last crazy knitting post but, you have to admit, this is pretty bad.

For one thing, it looks like someone got sick on rainbow sherbet (not that I don't love me some rainbow sherbet but that doesn't mean I want to *wear* it). Second, this is called (and I kid you not) the "Mix It Up Sweater". That's the title of the pattern. Yeah. There's a difference between "mixing" something and putting it in a blender and hitting "liquefy"... and not in a good way. We've got stripes running different ways (never a good idea unless you're a modernist painter), we have random tassels and bobbles that look like someone stuck lint balls from about half a dozen different sweaters of different colors on this and, as the crowing achievement, we have a pocket/pouch that is not centered and looks like someone took a knitted purse and sewed it to the front of the sweater.

WHY? Why would anyone make this monstrosity? Like Frankenstein's monster it looks like it was pieced together of different parts... possibly made of liquefied My Little Ponies based on the colors.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like something psychedelic that should be worn only when listening to music from the 1970's while smoking something not quite legal. Rainbow Bright on marijuana?

    ReplyDelete